As camping season is rapidly approaching, I am always looking for simple and delicious recipes to cook at the campground.
I came across this One-Pan Pasta recipe by Martha Stewart and the images made my mouth water.
Fresh basil is one of my loves. So combine basil, pasta and only one dirty pot to clean and I think I have found heaven!
The recipe is listed as follows, as per Martha Stewart herself:
- 12 ounces linguine
- 12 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs basil, plus torn leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red-pepper flakes, basil, oil, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and water in a large straight-sided skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, about 9 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide among 4 bowls, and garnish with basil. Serve with oil and Parmesan.
Personally, I would be adding a lot more garden fresh tomatoes into that pot! I cannot wait to try it!