About a year ago I was searching for some wholesome family games that we could play at the campsite. I wanted to find games that:
- did not have a billion tiny pieces, which we would eventually “misplace” anyways,
- did not take up a lot of room in our trailer, and that
- all four of us could play with ease – at the time my youngest just turned 4.
It was then that I came across the “Flour Game” on One Good Thing by Jillee‘s blog.
The rules are very simple:
- Fill a cup with flour.
- Flip the cup upside down on a solid surface, like a plate.
- Place a candy on top of the flour mountain.
- Each player then takes a turn cutting slices out of the flour mountain.
- The person who makes the flour mountain topple over, must retrieve the candy using only their face – no hands allowed!
We played this game over and over again! The kids couldn’t get enough of it. It is a new camping tradition for our family! Hopefully it will be one for your family too!